Android devices do not need much maintenance. But you need to free up some space from time to time to retain the efficiency of the equipment. And what do we usually do to free up space? We delete the unwanted photos and videos that clutter over time.
But while doing so, sometimes some important files are also selected and get deleted, only to realize it later. On the other hand, resetting the device wipe out all stored media occasionally. In such situations, what can you possibly do to recover the data?
We are presenting a few techniques here to get back those deleted photos and videos of your favorite moments from the Android device.
Recover Lost Photos & Videos on Android
Though there exist numerous ways to recover lost data, here are three certain ways to recover media in Android OS:
- Recovery from your cloud storage.
- Recovery through a data recovery software on the computer
- Recovery through an android app.
1. Recovery from cloud storage
There are tons of cloud services that help you to back up your media and save the space in your device. The leaders in this genre are Google Photos, Dropbox, and Microsoft OneDrive. Did you back up your media files in one of these? If you have, then you can recover them directly from the cloud service.
Let us take the example of Google Photos and give you a guide on how to recover backed up photos & videos from it.
- Open the app on your device. All the Android devices have this app as default in their system.
- Now, on the top left corner of the app interface, click on the icon with three horizontal bars. Select the “Trash” option.
- It will bring up the videos & the photos that you have recently deleted.
- Hold on to a media file that you want to restore. You can opt for multiple file restoration here. Select all the media files that you want to restore to your device.
- On the bottom of your screen, tap on the “Restore” button to restore the selected files. The photos & the videos will appear in your phone’s gallery, Google photos library, and any other folder where the media were previously stored.
Keep in mind that the deleted files remain in the “trash” section of the Google Photos for 60 days after its deletion. If you are using a cloud service other than Google Photos, then also the process of recovery is the same.
2. Recovery through a data recovery software
You can use this option only when you have deleted the media from the SD memory card of your device. The files remain in the card even after deletion, but only till other information overwrite them. In such a scenario, you need to connect your SD card to your laptop as soon as possible. Then use data recovery software, such as Recuva or EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to recover the photos & the videos.
Let’s take the example of EaseUS for this guide.
- Download the software and install it on your computer.
- Launch the software in your system. It will show you the drives from where it can recover data.
- Select your SD card and click on the “Scan” option.
- It will start showing the data of your card as the scanning progresses.
- Select the “Type” category on the left sidebar after the scanning is completed.
- Click on the “Graphics” option. Select jpg and videos. It will show you the deleted files if they are not already overwritten.
- Select the photos and the videos you want to recover and click on the “Recover Now” option. The files will appear in the storage of your computer.
3. Recovery through a third-party app
There are some simple data recovery apps in the play store. GT Recovery and Dumpster are some excellent examples of it. Let’s see how you can use Dumpster to recover your deleted media.
- Install the Dumpster app on your device from Google Play. Open it.
- Agree to the license.
- Choose the “Go Basic” option on the next screen.
- Go for “Delete it,” “Next,” “Continue,” and “Allow” in the subsequent pages.
- Now click on the three horizontal bars on the top left corner and choose “Deep Scan Recovery” from the menu.
- All your deleted files will be shown at the end of the scan.
- Choose the media that you want to recover. Click on the “Restore to Gallery” at the bottom of your screen. Repeat it for every file you want to recover.
- The recovered files will be saved in the “Restored” folder of your device.
These are the three easy and effective ways to restore deleted photos & videos in an Android device. You can also use them to recover some other files, such as audio or word files in your system.